Monday, May 16, 2011

Babies See, Babies Do!

At 1 year 11 months, my little toddler absorbs things extremely fast, like a sponge. He's picked up many new words, composed new simple sentences, and absolutely loved mimicking every single thing we do -- like putting on his own shades when we wear our shades, pretending to snore when he sees his grandpa sleeps, or pretending to sneeze hard whenever we sneeze!

But among many things, he has a thing for my makeup kit. I noticed that each time I put on some makeup on my face at the dressing mirror, he would watch me intently, all fascinated.


Putting on makeup with him by my side is a battle each time because he would try to grab the first makeup item that he can reach and try to apply it on his face. Of course, before the product could even touch his face, I would quickly grab it from him and that's when the battle and the crying starts.


But this boy is smart. He knows that the only time that mama is unconscious is when mama is sleeping. So one day, while I was in a deep, deep slumber, I was suddenly awaken when I heard my husband exclaimed, "YA ALLAH AYDEIN! YANG, TENGOK ANAK YOU NI!" loudly. I got up from the bed, and my heart sunk when I saw.. this.


And then, later on, I saw.. this.

Checkout the sides of his lips! T_T
And my heart sunk even lower, when I saw.. this!


Yes, that's my Topshop Lip Polish in Rhubarb that I used oh so very carefully just because I didn't want it to run out fast. And there my boy went, digging the whole thing out from the container and smeared it all over his face, hands and carpet! I wanted to scream (loudly) but all I could do was just stare in disbelief as the lip polish that was once FULL is now almost left with... nothing. :(

What made it even worst is that there's no replacement for it anymore! Not at the moment, that is. The personnel at Topshop KLCC informed me that Rhubarb color in particular is now out of stock/out of season when I went there recently to get a replacement. As such, I will have to wait until the color is in-season again!

GRRRRR! Now when is that going to happen? Next week? Next month? NEXT YEAR? Grrr I want my Rhubarb Lip Polish back! Does anyone of you have an extra, new Rhubarb lip polish that you would like to sell out? I want to buy!

19 comments:

RieNa said...

hahahahaha!! aydein!! acik gelak terbahak2 tgk muka kamu dan lip polish mama kamu..hahahaha!! adei, takleh berenti gelak lg nih. kelakar sgt sbb kamu tu anak teruna hensem ok, bkn anak dara!

tiqah, k riena syukur sgt sbb k riena tak reti mekap2 semua nih. kalau tak lg haru dikerjakan si nawal. cukuplah k riena kena sorokkan bedak miyami dan lip ice,tak sanggup tgk kemusnahan mcm ini lah.

aydein, all da best for the next!! hahahahahahah

mommynadia said...

mcm Adam jgak babe..dah brapa kali compact powder I hancus..
tergelak I tgk Aydein awal2 bc entry..
towards end,kesian plak kat u..mane nak cari ganti tu..sabar yerk!!
moral of the story..make up thingy semua kena letak jauh dr pandangan mata diorang..bdak2 ni good observer,pantang kita lalai..abess!!!;)

Nadine said...

Hahahaha! OMG Aydein!

I think kan babe, he wanna look as beautiful and presentable as you la. Dia tgk mama dia makin cantik each day tu yg dia pun pk, maybe if dia pun pakai makeup he will look extra handsome :D

Dulu pun Faaz suka nak main dengan my make up kit bila I get ready. Esp. compact powder and lipstick. Tp I cpt2 explain kat dia, "that makeup is for girls only. daddy didn't wear any makeup cause daddy is a boy just like faaz." barulah dia ok sket. Dia still usik, tp just pegang and beri kat I je la. Pastu duk stare je while I apply makeup. Kdg2 I lupa pakai lipstick, dia plak yg ingatkan I. Hehe..

reena said...

Hehehe comel sangat Aydein 'pakai lipstick'.

Sekarang memang stage dia tengah explore kan? Sabo je lah :) Btw best eh Topshop lip polish tu?

Myvitrd said...

alamak comelnya baby.. aduh dah pandai bermekap tu babynya.. hehehe

mommaholicSURI said...

Oh Phewww!! You know what Thara, i thought only Oman loves to play with make up. Even though i keep repeating to him that Make Up is for Girls only and Boy's don't wear make up nanti Tuhan marah, he still insisted. I was terrified! ahahaha. Now, i know Aydein and Faaz have the same interests so i guess it's just that they want to try whatever they see adutls do lah kan?? :)

I do agree with Nadine that, Aydein's mama look makin cantik each day!!!! :)

Isaac Tan said...

Whahaa, your baby is really cute. He wants to be just like Mama.. Maybe next time teach him the correct way to apply, tell him, must slow slow. :)

Pity you though. There goes your lip polish. Can't blame your anak, nak tiru emak only XD

www.isaactan.net

Unknown said...

omg! sorry to hear that, but he's still so adorable. kan? :P

but isaac, i think mummy shouldn't teach him to apply make up lar :D

Unknown said...

thara, kesian u.. my daughter pun sama je mcm aydein. dah 3 lipsticks i hancur. dia x reti pusing, dia masukkan jari.. habis.. tak bleh nak ckp ape la. but the best part of it when i can use that as an excuse to buy new and my hubby cant say anything. bagi duit jeik.hehe

Thara said...

k riena :
hahaha tu la kak riena! nak luruh jantung dibuatnya! tapi die mmg minat lah sgt nak try bende alah bagai ni semua. agak2nya sbb hari2 tgk mama nya tepek bende alah tu dkt muka kot. hai lah anakku.. T_T

nadia :
hahaha ye ke uuuu! i think all of em in nature suke try to mimick what their mothers do kot kan! haihs. and yessss, mana nak carik ganti ni! makeup i usually i letak dlm makeup bag, inside my handbag. now that die dah pandai bukak zip, selamat lah! >< haih, nampak gaya every month kene check topshop outlet out la ni! ><

Thara said...

nadine :
adoiyai, kalau mcm gini gamaknya i kene stop pakai makeup le ni. pakai bedak Johnsons & Johnsons je, bole? :P wahhh, faaz good boy betol la u! aydein kalau i ckp mcm gitu, die lagi memberontak u! apa lagi kalau nak amik barang tu dari dia. mau perang! ><

reena :
a'ah reena. mmg stage die nak try everything that we adults do! tu yg pening sket tu. and the topshop lip polish tu mmg best u! ntah lah, sbb i suka container die and the color kot! hehe. and like i said in my review b4, die ade mcm sheer effect. i sukaaa! :D

myvitrd :
tu la uuu! itu lah awang sorang i. nnt kalau ade adik gegirl, ntah camana la lagi! :P

Thara said...

nuurill :
omg oman and aydein are exactly the same! lagi kita ckp NO, lagi derang excited nak try! but yeah, i think it's just their curiosity kot nak try what their mamas wear everyday. tp my mom ckp jgn galakkan. takut jadik mcm cerita 'dalam botol' kang susah pulak kan :P

alah, orang yg berckp tu pon sama je jugak i tgk! makin meletop each day! :D

isaac :
hahaha no way! i am never gonna tell him that bcoz i am never gonna let him near any cosmetic products okkk! go play with robots and legos and guns! not makeupppp! :P

Thara said...

jay :
haha yeah, at one part, i actually laughed looking at the mess he did to himself! :P and yes, i agree! makeup and boys are off limits!

airin :
hehe ye ke airin! tu lah, the dilemmas us mamas go through kan! haihsss. u untung juge bila lipstick habes, abang tolong sponsorkan. i kalau lipstick habes, kene korek purse sendirik hokayyy! :P

Izdi said...

hadeh...aydein aydein....memcm la bdk tecik sorg nih..bole jd make up artist sudah :) ....:) ...hai thara..send my regards to aien will ya ;)

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

hhaahahaahha... he looks too cute to be mad at, really ;) what i've learned to do when gibran started messing around with my makeup back when he was abt aydein's age was to pack everything up and store them all in a very high shelf. half of my favourites are in the bathroom... where i apply my makeup! i dont apply it in front of the li'l fella anymore coz he was getting too used to following my motions! ;p

madammondoq said...

haha.. stakat ni my son tak berani lagi nak usik diam-diam make up i..cuma time i tenyeh muka tu sebok nak mintak tenyeh muka die sikit.. aiyoo.. takut gak my son become sutun kang..ekekeke...

Thara said...

izdi :
hey, fancy seeing u here! lama tak dgr cerita. ape cer? :P hahaha tu la izdi. lagi beso, lagi mcm2 budak tecik sorang tu! hah makeup artist?? uish mintak simpang u! :P oh aien pon kim salam balik dkt u :)

Thara said...

babybooned :
hahaha i know right! mula-mula naik tau darah i bila tengok my makeup set berlumuran dgn my lip gloss. sekali bile tgk muka innocent dia, nak gelak pon ade! :P oh yes, the toilet! why didn't i think of that! good thinking, kak nina! i shall do that! :D

Thara said...

madammondoq :
hahaha tu la uuuu! i pon risau jugak my son ni suke noe la nak conteng2 muka dia. dah la muka dia jambu! selalu org tak sure, girl ke boy! :P tapi i guess it's more of the curiosity kot. budak this age kan, mmg suke tgk & tiru everything that the parents do! :P okeh, lepasni hanta kelas taekwondo :P