Monday, May 10, 2010

Sweet Surprises

I was in the office, working on a transaction with headphones on my head when my colleague Syikin tapped me on my forearm. I turned around to see a lady with something in her hands. She said, "Err, Thara?"

I nodded a Yes and she handed me something. Look what just arrived for me at the office today!


Yes, a bouquet of beautiful red & pink daisies! Err, gerberas to be exact. :)

I was speechless for a moment. Why would anyone wanna give me flowers at this time of year? Why would I even receive any? After all :

#1 : I am married. With a kid.
#2 : My birthday has passed.
#3 : Valentine's Day is way, way over.

Which could only be for one reason, and one reason only .. I read the card, and sure enough, what was initially a puzzled frown, turned into a smile, which soon turned into a big, big grin! I was so touched, and so overwhelmed with happiness, that I only managed to whisper a gentle "Awwwwwww. Thank you guys" to the office.


Yes, my colleagues from Loveclients gifted me with a bouquet of flowers (with chocolates!) for Mother's Day! How thoughtful of them kan? I was definitely so touched! :) :) Thanks guys (especially to the 2 masterminds -- Syikin & Fareeza!). I really, really appreciate it! XOXOXOXO! :)

Thinking about the past, I used to wonder, between the demands of work, personal interests, household errands and children activities -- how did my mum do it all? But she still does it all and she does it with a smile, and a heart overflowing with love.

Being a mum myself, I know now being a mum is not an easy glamorous task, as some may think. It's more than that, much more than that.

That is why, last Mother's Day, during my monthly visit to my parents' place in Penang, I decided to surprise my mum with a little gift. Nothing much, just something to light up her day :) As soon as she sat down on the chair, all sweaty and tired from cooking, I went to the dry kitchen and took out the little something, just to carve a smile on her face. I said, "Mak, I got something for you! Happy mother's day!"

And that precious smile that soon turned into a delighted "aww thank you!" squeal, is priceless. SO priceless that I was proud of myself for bringing back the cupcakes all the way from KL just for my mum. It was worth it. Definitely worth it. :)

My superwoman. I love you, mak.

So here's to all mums around the world that are constantly juggling and balancing so many roles of life with such grace -- you're special!

6 comments:

RuZaNNa said...

Aawwww.. that's so thoughtful of your colleagues! and the flowers are beautiful too!!.. u're one lucky person to be surrounded by generous people.. hehhee..
Semangatnya bawak balik cuppies!.. you must have hidden it under the carseat so Aydein tak blh amik kan? heheh.. eh kat penang kampung u kat mana? we went back on labor day weekend as well.. ikhwanya hometown btw.. mana tau is this year u raya penang we can go visit2.. heheh

hushuss said...

Thara, happy mother's day! Bestnye dpt colleagues mcm ni kan? You're so lucky girl! Sama-sama kita cuba menjadi mama terbaik utk anak2 kita k...

mommaholicSURI said...

Awwwww.. how sweet they're!!!
Lucky you, Thara.

and the Cupcake Chic look so yummy.
Lucky you mum, Thara.

:) HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY!!

Nadine said...

How sweet of them and how lucky you are :)

Happy belated mother's day, Thara! you and ur mom ade iras lah :)

Thara said...

anne :
tak! i letak cupcakes tu dkt belakang tempat usually orang letak tissue box tu :P

oh Penang dkt Bertam Golf Resort, Kepala Batas. have u heard of that place? it's in mainland, bukan dkt pulau.

huspa :
yes, i am blessed, alhamdulillah. :) let's all be superwomen to our family and hey, happy mummy's day to u too!

nuurill :
yes, i am blessed, alhamdulillah. :) as for the cupcake, if given a choice, i rasa i dah tak beli lagi kot dkt situ. they were extremely sweet lah! but anyhoo, happy mummy's day to u too! ;)

nadine :
i know right! so sweet of em :) and i am blessed, alhamdulillah. :)

happy mummy's day to u too babe! and yes, i get that a lot. muka photostat my mum, they say. :P

mommynadia said...

so sweet lah ur collegues..;)
untung tau!
my team semua laki ..huhu haraplah nak dpat semua ni..;)

the cupcakes tu mmg yummy!