Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Betrothed Bridesmaid

The memory is still fresh in my mind. It was the first week of my foundation (Alpha) year in MMU Malacca. The class was waiting for the lecturer to come when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around, and there she was, smiling at me and offering her friendship that lasts until today.

She was my classmate in Foundation Year.

Back in 2003. Please ignore our nerdy, beringus look.

She was my roommate in Second Year.

Memories back in 2006 @ her house in JB.

She was there on my Engagement Day.

February 2008. Yes, I was THAT excited. :P

And she was also there as my bridesmaid on my Wedding Day!

August 2008. Johore's reception.

And last week, after 7 years of strong relationship with her soulmate, I watched proudly as the ring slipped in my bestfriend's finger as she got herself engaged to the man she loved.


She was glowing with happiness and looking as beautiful as ever.


I did not want to miss to be a part of this meaningful day, so I volunteered to feed her with sugar in Upacara Menyuap Gula (Sugar Feeding Ceremony), a tradition practiced by those staying at the Northern side of Malaysia that symbolizes the bittersweet of marriage life.


It was a beautiful celebration and we had a good time in Ipoh. Yes, we drove all the way from KL-Ipoh just to share this meaningful day with her!


Sighs. How time flies. It felt like yesterday that we took this picture together on our last night in Alpha Year at Pantai Klebang, Malacca.


And now she's engaged, I'm married with a kid and well, looking as boyak as ever. :P

Congratulations on your engagement, Amy Zurina dear! Wishing you a love that grows day after day and a lifetime of happiness together!


3 comments:

Amy Ali said...

suprisingly u still have all these photos from tahun gajah ni ek..:p thank you so much for this very thoughtful entry! :)

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

beautiful pictures.

honestly, i dont think we can ever go back to the anak dara bodies lah. unless you exercise ala-ala jLo.

Thara said...

Amy :
byk lagi gamba beringus kita yg i still simpan. gamba kita after "bengkel makeup" pon ada. hahaha. buat malu je. anyways, congratulations again! ;)

BabyBooned :
beautiful pictures je ke? orang2 nya beautiful tak? ngehe :P

tu la, akak. sakit jiwa kalau tengok cermin skarang ni tau. ure right. we might not get back to our anak dara bodies, yes. but we can always dream to have one back right! :P