Monday, October 12, 2009

Dear Aunt Flow

Dear Aunt Flow,

The last time I saw you, it was last year, on the 30/08/08, just about a month after I got married. There was no sight of you anymore after that for about 9 months at least, as my body prepared itself to carry the beautiful boy I have safely delivered about 4 months ago, alhamdulillah.

2 months after my delivery, there was still no sight of you. But just as soon as I got back to work, I thought I saw you. It was on the 07/08/09. (Nice date, eh?) But you were not your usual self, though. You were very light, and you came to visit me for just a few days. This made me rather confused. I was not sure whether it was really you, or one of those things I got after my delivery. Anyhow, my cousin confirmed your return and explained to me that you were "spotting", but I am still not sure if what I saw was you, though.

And then, one fateful night, I got into an accident. And if it was really you that I saw last month, you were supposed to visit me again on the 07/09/09. But you did not show up. I started to panic. If what I saw was really you, then it could be that I got pregnant – again. I took a pregnancy test to see if I was pregnant again after 3 days you were supposed to due, but the test came out negative. I was relieved. But since there was still no sign of you even after about 2 months, the anxiety started creeping back up again, and I ended up taking more tests, one of it being scanned by my gynae in SJMC (now known as SDHC).

She confirmed that you were just late and that it could be because I am still breastfeeding. She prescribed some pills to "induce" you, as well as some pills to avoid me from getting pregnant again and said that I should expect you in about a week. But the one-week mark has passed, but I still don't see any sign of you.

What is happening? Was my gynae right when she told me I was not pregnant? Am I really NOT PREGNANT?

And then today, after more than 2 months, I finally saw you. And for the first time in my life, I actually smiled when I saw you! Haha. You were very late, Aunt Flow, and you made me worried sick! I know you know that I love surprises, but please Aunt Flow, no more of this kind of surprise okay. Sakit jantung I lah.

4 comments:

SaLMy WaTeeN aBDuL LaTiF said...

my colleague also got same prob wif u la thara... everyday she keep 'perasan' aunty flow die was coming... i kat sebelah nie dah penat tgk die beli pregnancy test... hehe

Thara said...

haha ye ke. is she expecting a baby? or is she just afraid of getting pregnant again - like me? :P

hoursmile said...

hahhaha...u know last time i also mcm u.. sampai 3 month tau.. every month mesti test..

Thara said...

haha. very the suspense kan! :P